cloretsfreshmint

Then Jesus said, "Come to me all who are weary and carry heavy burdens and I will give you rest" Matthew 11:28

Monday, August 4, 2008

After our small group last Saturday, the questions Johan posed us still bore deep within my mind.

IF one day, Christianity gets outlawed, would I deny Christ or will I suffer for Him?


I have to say despite all the thinking, I still really don't know what I would say if such a day was to come. As a rationale human being, it will be extremely insane to admit to the authorities saying I am a believer and submit to the authorities. I believe even the most passionate rationale Christian will probably not know what to say should such day come.

Looking at how easily we people nowadays yield to a little bit of pressure, I guess not many of us would last very long before we start denying Christ.
Even if we managed to pass the test when the authorities came at our door steps, how many of us can still profess our faith for Christ when tortured. (Think the tortures we see in Saw) Even one of Jesus’ disciples, Peter when hunted down by authorities denied knowing Christ not just once but three times. (Matt 26:74-75)

However, there are Christians in the earlier days, when persecuted bravely stood for their beliefs. They were tortured and killed for their faith in Christ. I might dare to say I will bravely proclaim my faith for Christ if I know I will be executed. However, when subjected to torture, I do not know how long I can stay tortured before I yield to the pain. I really don’t know what I might say. I just hope I could stand for Christ till my last breath even when subjected to tortures.

“Then Jesus said to his disciples, “If anyone would come after me, he must deny himself and take up his cross and follow me.” Matt 16:24 - NIV

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home