cloretsfreshmint

Then Jesus said, "Come to me all who are weary and carry heavy burdens and I will give you rest" Matthew 11:28

Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Are we like Jonah?

hey fellow brothers of Christ!

Just to keep this blog alive, and am here to post a sharing again. Well, I hope it will
be short and nice, as not be too wordy and all. haha.

I was reading in the Book of Jonah yesterday and it struck me with a question "Am I running away from God's work?" Or maybe when God tells you to do something but you tend to turn away. Have you feel that way? Try giving one moment about it, when God gently speaks to your ears, but your response is denying.

Brothers, as I think many would say "Later or maybe some other time and so on", well, what if you miss it? Is there any second chance and all?

I encouraged you guys to read the Book of Jonah. It's encouraging, and it really put you back to path where God wants you to be. And here a little structure in the Book of Jonah..

God speaks to Jonah to go to the great city of Nineveh, but Jonah eventually ran away from God's calling. After which, he went to Joppa and boarded a ship heading to Tarshish. While sailing on the ship, Jonah fell to deep sleep without knowing that there is a raging storm outside. The ship people were crying out to their gods. Subsequently, the ship captain woke him up, and questioned him..

Further more, Jonah was threw out of the ship and a giant fish ate Jonah.. In the fish Jonah cried to the Lord..

As you read further, you will see how merciful is our God. And He gave Jonah a second chance to do His work..

I was in Jonah's shoe last night, when God tells me to go for my dad's court hearing today (as some of you know what happen to my dad). First of all, as I was in the bed, I said to myself that I don't wanna go and I questioned myself what's the point of going. Subsequently, a voice speak thru my ears and ask me to read the Book of Jonah, great thing, God presence felt and he tells me to go for my dad's court hearing. I got up from bed and told my mum to wake me up tmr as wanted to go along. And as for today, I went to the court. I was wondering what if I didn't turn up, would there be a messed? or like the raging storm and all? or even people start asking that is your dad, why don't you go?..

I would like to thank God first of all, He showed the path. Sometimes there's a time when we are like Jonah when God ask you to this and you turn your back. Tell you this, God's calling is not only going out to preach and all, God's calling is all in those tiny little ones which we easily reject, try asking yourself, how are we gonna do the bigger ones if we easily reject those smaller calling? Are we gonna make it for the bigger ones?..

I hope this short post be an encouragement to all. Friends, God is calling you in your tiny little ministry, be sensitive with your ears to God's calling, don't tell God about another time, date or so on. Start doing it today. Pray to God that you will be sensitive to His smaller calling and all, pray for His strength and encouragement, pray for His angels to fight for the spiritual war, pray for His path and light that brings to your desire. It's not easy to fight in this spiritual war by yourself, pray in Jesus name yea. He is the source of strength and guidance, He will..

Philippians 1:9
I pray that your love will overflow more and more, and that you will keep on growing in knowledge and understanding.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home